Monday, January 4, 2010

Jam Drops



I made Jam Drops yesterday. The batch lasted maybe an hour at the most. Everyone loved them! So I thought I would let you know the recipe. I found it in a Woolworths Fresh magazine that I picked up at the supermarket (Issue 46 Dec 09). They are scrummy and easy.

1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup custard powder
80g butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tblsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup jam (I used plum)

1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift flour and custard powder together.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Add flour mixture and mix together to form a soft dough. Roll heaped teaspoonsful into balls and place on trays leaving about 5 cm space between biscuits for spreading.
4. Using your thumb, make an indent in the top to fill with a little of the jam.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Not that they will last that long!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment