Saturday, March 27, 2010
It is almost assessment time for the first few jewellery projects. Week after Easter holidays and I am almost ready. Just a couple of pairs of earrings to create.
Above is my "Coathanger" pendant - funny that! I made it out of sterling silver and am really happy with it. Still has a few scratches on it.......so much sanding.
These two brooches are made out of brass. Sorry about the terrible pics - I can even see me in reflections! The shape was made using a perspex die and I had to come up with two variations from the same die. The bottom one, the base was made pressing a piece of lace into a softened piece of brass, then I soldered the two pieces together. Finally I have gotten over the fear of using solder!